As a trusted Finnish provider of software and services, we understand the desire to protect personal data. We aim to outline how personal data is collected, monitored, and used, and to provide the user with options. If no options are available for the solution you use, please contact us.
What data do we collect and monitor?
We request personal data when you place an order, register a product, request a service, respond to a survey, participate in a competition, respond to use, or use certain other functionalities on our website. For example:
- If you send us an order, we will request the necessary information, such as your name, address, and credit card number. If you request technical support online, we will ask you for information, such as your name, address, and information about the computer’s hardware, software, and the nature of the problem. You will always decide whether or not to use a functionality that requests personal data. If you do not want to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the desired function.
How we use the data we collect and monitor
We may use personal data in the following ways:
- To provide you with information and product updates, new products, services, to share announcements and notices, to send informative emails, or to carry out research on ideas for future products and improvements;
- In order to create content that is meaningful to you;
- To provide you with special offers that you may be interested in;
- To be able to develop better products and services that meet your needs;
- So that you can buy and download products, use services, or otherwise participate in your chosen activity;
- To be able to help you to quickly find software, services, or product information that is important to you
To whom do we disclose personal data?
Now and again, we may disclose your data to selected business partners so that they can communicate information about products or services that they believe may be important to you or your business. If you would like us to not disclose your data to our business partners, please contact us to let us know.
In addition, we may also use external subcontractors to provide services for us. These partners can be used to send products, provide technical support, or process orders. We require service providers to store customers’ personal data safely and confidentially. We also demand that these partners only use personal data for the purposes we indicate.
Please note that in some cases it may be necessary to reveal personal data to authorities or whenever we are required to do so by law.
Security and quality of personal data
We have implemented various security measures to protect personal data in accordance with international practices. These measures include technical and operational procedures to protect data against misuse and unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, and destruction.
We aim to sincerely respond to requests to update or rectify your personal data. If you believe that we do not have your up-to-date personal data, you can use another communications channel to contact us.
We can monitor domain names, IP addresses and the types of browsers that people use when they visit our website. This data helps us to monitor the total number of visitors and traffic models for our entire website. This data does not correlate with any personal data.
Linking to business partners
Our webpages may feature several connections to companies with whom we have a business relationship. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy policies, as they may differ from ours.
Other perspectives on privacy
Remember that data that you provide in discussion groups or forums is considered to be public data. It is not confidential. This means that there is a risk that your data will be collected and others may use it. Act carefully and responsibly online.
Changes to this public statement
We will publish a visible notice on our website if any significant changes to our privacy practices are upcoming. If the change concerns your personal data, the notice will contain instructions on how to withdraw from such a purpose.